Have you had your Flu Jab for the 2017/18 Flu Season?
- Do not assume that you are still protected if you had your flu immunisation during the last flu season.
- Remember, this winter get vaccinated early and don't get caught out with the flu!
The vaccination is free and recommended yearly for those most at risk of flu. This includes:
- Everyone aged 65 or over
- Pregnant women
- All children 2 & 3 year olds (nasal spray - click here for more information on the nasal flu vaccine Fluenz and porcine gelatine)
- People with long term health conditions (respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, COPD or bronchitis; heart disease, such as heart failure; kidney or liver disease; neurological disease, such as Parkinson's disease or motor neurone disease; diabetes; weakened immune system due to disease such as HIV/AIDS, or due to a treatment such as cancer treatment (chemotherapy)
- Those living in a residential or nursing home
- Main carers for elderly or disabled people whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Healthcare or social care professionals directly involved in patient care.
The seasonal flu vaccine is available at Chrisp Street Health Centre. All eligible patients can book a flu appointment by phone on 020 7515 4860 or online.
For more information, please review the Flu leaflets below and follow us on Twitter: @ChrispStreet.
- Flu Facts vs Flu Fiction
- Everything you need to know about the Flu Jab
- How to fight Flu this Winter
- All about flu and how to stop getting it (EasyRead version for people with learning disabilities)