Have you had your Flu Jab for the 2017/18 Flu Season?
- Do not assume that you are still protected if you had your flu immunisation during the last flu season.
- Remember, this winter get vaccinated early and don't get caught out with the flu!
The vaccination is free and recommended yearly for those most at risk of flu. This includes:
- Everyone aged 65 or over
- Pregnant women
- All children 2 & 3 year olds (nasal spray - click here for more information on the nasal flu vaccine Fluenz and porcine gelatine)
- People with long term health conditions (respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, COPD or bronchitis; heart disease, such as heart failure; kidney or liver disease; neurological disease, such as Parkinson's disease or motor neurone disease; diabetes; weakened immune system due to disease such as HIV/AIDS, or due to a treatment such as cancer treatment (chemotherapy)
- Those living in a residential or nursing home
- Main carers for elderly or disabled people whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Healthcare or social care professionals directly involved in patient care.
The seasonal flu vaccine is available at Chrisp Street Health Centre. All eligible patients can book a flu appointment now by phone on 020 7515 4860 or online.
Alternatively, all at risk patients can get their free flu jab in one of our local hub centres during the following drop in clinics (no appointment needed):
- Saturday 28 October, 9am – 3pm at Blithehale Health, 22 Dunbridge St, London, E2 6JA
- Saturday 4 November, 9am – 3pm at Barkantine Health, 121 Westferry Rd, Isle of Dogs, London, E14 8JH.
For more information, please review the Flu leaflets below and follow us on Twitter: @ChrispStreet.
- Flu Facts vs Flu Fiction
- Everything you need to know about the Flu Jab
- How to fight Flu this Winter
- All about flu and how to stop getting it (EasyRead version for people with learning disabilities)