Patient Participation Group (PPG)
In 2006 we formed our Patient Participation Group (PPG). The PPG meets every 3 months at lunch 1-2pm or in the evening between 6-7pm. Dates are publicised in advance. As well as patients, the Practice Manager, a senior receptionist and a GP attend the meeting.
Over time the PPG has evolved. Members have come and gone, but it still remains an important forum for us to have a mutually agreed agenda with our patients and discussions about the following areas:
- Getting patient views and suggestions about services in the Practice and areas patients feel could be improved
- Getting feedback about changes we have made
- Agreeing mutual priorities for the year ahead
- Discussing topics in the NHS that are of interest or that patients would like to know more about
For instance, at recent meetings we have discussed:
- Our survey results, including Friends & Family data
- The changes we have made to improve the way we answer the phone
- The different types of Data Sharing within the NHS
- Agreed priorities and a plan of action for the year ahead
- The Save Our Surgeries campaign and the implications of changes to GP funding.
Would you like to take part - new members always welcome?
If so, please attend our next Patient Participation Group Meeting in Health Education Room at Chrisp Street Health Centre on Tuesday 17 April 2018 at 1m. Refreshments provided!
PPG meeting dates for 2018-19:
- Tuesday 17 July 2018 at 6pm
- Tuesday 16 October 2018 at 1pm
- Tuesday 15 January 2019 at 6pm
For more information, call the Surgery on 020 7515 4860.
In addition, we are looking for new ways to engage with our patients particularly younger patients, parents of young families (or parents to be), patients with disabilities, carers and those from different ethnic backgrounds. If coming to a meeting is not for you, we want to find the best way to get representation from you, whether that's meeting in the day time, away from the practice or virtually, online.
If you would like to contact us about the Patient Participation group, please click here to send us a message.
Previous Annual PPG Reports
We are proud members of the National Association for Patient Participation